Páginas

quarta-feira, 6 de fevereiro de 2013

Tom Waits - “The piano has been drinking, not me.”


“I like beautiful melodies telling

 me terrible things.” 

Tom waits




 

"Now it's raining it's pouring
The old mam is snoring
Now i lay me down to sleep
I hear the sirens in the street
All the dreams are made of chrome
I have no way to get back home
I'd rather die before i wake
Like marilyn monroe
And throw my jeans out in
The street and the rain will make 'em grow"


A Sweet Little Bullet From A Pretty Blue Gun






 

"like it was soaked in a vat

 of bourbon, left hanging in the

 smokehouse for a few months, and

 then taken outside and run over

 with a car."

 Daniel Durchholz about Tom Waits






"In the forest, there was a

crooked tree and a straight tree

. Every day, the straight tree

would say to the crooked tree

, "Look at me...I'm tall, and I'm

 straight, and I'm handsome. Look

 at you...you're all crooked and

bent over. No one wants to look at

 you." And they grew up in that

 forest together. And then one day

 the loggers came, and they saw

 the crooked tree and the straight

 tree, and they said, "Just cut

 the straight trees and leave the

 rest." So the loggers turned all

 the straight trees into lumber

 and toothpicks and paper. And the

 crooked tree is still there,

 growing stronger and stranger

 every day.” 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário